OUTDOOR SUMMER DAY CAMP FOR KIDS OF ALL ABILITIES AGE 6+
Join us at Triple H Ranch, NCEFT’s outdoor on-site camp facility, for a week of old-fashioned barn fun. Happy Trails Camp is an outdoor summer day camp for kids of all abilities, aged 6 & up. We welcome NCEFT patients** with disabilities as well as their siblings (with or without disabilities). Together they will explore the great outdoors; take daily ATV rides; discover the joys of dogs, donkeys, chickens, and horses; get creative with arts and crafts; and maybe even get a little wet with drippy popsicles and water balloons. The week culminates with a ride on NCEFT’s therapy horses on Friday. All campers will be partnered with a “Buddy” young adult counselor, providing a uniquely personal camp experience with plenty of supervision and fun.
- INTERACT WITH ANIMALS. Groom and pet horses. Read stories to chickens. Lead a dog on an obstacle course. We might even dress up a donkey or two!
- EXPLORE THE GREAT OUTSIDE. Explore the NCEFT property on an ATV or in a horse-drawn carriage. Go on scavenger hunts and nature walks.
- GET CREATIVE. Paint horseshoes, make puppets and other arts and crafts. Draw pictures with sidewalk chalk or shaving cream. Have a water balloon toss with your Buddy or blow bubbles and watch them fly away.
- TAKE A RIDE. On the final day of camp, take a ride on an NCEFT horse!
2017 CAMP DATE:
- JULY 31 – AUGUST 4, 2017, 9:30a-1p
Thank you for your interest in camp. Spaces for 2017 HTC are filled. Registration priority will given to current NCEFT patients and siblings. We will keep a waiting list and open registration to non-patient families on a space-available basis.
** NOTE: For children with disabilities, NCEFT staff will coordinate with families prior to camp to determine specific needs of campers with disabilities. In some specific situations, families may be required to provide 1:1 aides if the child’s needs exceed the abilities/qualifications of our staff and volunteers.
Regular Camp Fees (register May 1 or after): $495 per child/week
Early Bird discount (register by May 1): $450 per child/week
Siblings receive a 10% discount on their registration.
For example, if 2 siblings register for the Early Bird Discount, fees would be $450 + $405 = $855
Cancellation policy: cancellations must be made in writing to NCEFT. Cancellations prior to July 1 can be made at no charge. Cancellations made July 1 – July 15 are eligible for a 50% refund. Cancellations after July 15 are non-refundable.